Cook1 hr 45 mins
I was given this recipe by a work friend about 17 years ago when I was just a young bride learning my way in the kitchen. I am still young and this is still my husband's favourite recipe for corn beef. It's simple and the flavour is not cluttered up with cloves and onion.
- Place corned beef into oven bag.
- Add all ingredients & then tie knot in bag (or with string etc).
- Shake to mix.
- Place bag with meat fat side up in a microwave container which is large enough to fit (this is for safety reasons as liquid will be extremely hot when done).
- Pierce bag a couple of times to allow steam to escape.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 Minutes.
- Then reduce to a simmer & cook for 20 minutes per 500grams (1.1lbs).(power level 6 on my microwave).
- Allow to stand for 30 Minutes.
- Slice and serve hot.
- (Leave any left over portions in liquid until serving so the meat does not dry out.).
- Note:- It is possible to make this in a large enough microwave bowl without the bag. The bowl must have a lid with holes and the liquid must cover the meat entirely ie. double the recipe.