1/2 Photos of Perfect Corned Beef from the Microwave
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Catherine Robson's Note:
I was given this recipe by a work friend about 17 years ago when I was just a young bride learning my way in the kitchen. I am still young and this is still my husband's favourite recipe for corn beef. It's simple and the flavour is not cluttered up with cloves and onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place corned beef into oven bag.
- 2Add all ingredients & then tie knot in bag (or with string etc).
- 3Shake to mix.
- 4Place bag with meat fat side up in a microwave container which is large enough to fit (this is for safety reasons as liquid will be extremely hot when done).
- 5Pierce bag a couple of times to allow steam to escape.
- 6Microwave on HIGH for 10 Minutes.
- 7Then reduce to a simmer & cook for 20 minutes per 500grams (1.1lbs).(power level 6 on my microwave).
- 8Allow to stand for 30 Minutes.
- 9Slice and serve hot.
- 10(Leave any left over portions in liquid until serving so the meat does not dry out.).
- 11Note:- It is possible to make this in a large enough microwave bowl without the bag. The bowl must have a lid with holes and the liquid must cover the meat entirely ie. double the recipe.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Corned Beef from the Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.2
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 245.0 mg
- Sodium 2838.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 45.4 g