Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Best Thanksgiving/Christmas Dressing Not too dry, or runny, just perfect!
- 946.36 ml cornbread, cooled (yellow cornmeal instructions)
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 4.92 ml sage
- 59.14 ml butter
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup (don't mix with water)
- Saute' vegetables in butter.
- Crumble cooled cornbread and add broth and stir.
- Mix with broth until thin.
- Add sage, cooked celery, green pepper, and onions.
- Add cream of chicken soup.
- Stir and put in oven.
- Bake on 350 until slightly thick and brown.
I made this to go with my roast beef. It was a very moist dressing. First time I have added cream of chicken soup to my dressing. We like a stronger sage flavor in our dressing so next time I will add a little more. Otherwise a delicious dressing. Made as written. Thanks AFWifey. Bullwinkle