Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Best Thanksgiving/Christmas Dressing Not too dry, or runny, just perfect!
- 4 cups cornbread, cooled (yellow cornmeal instructions)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (don't mix with water)
- Saute' vegetables in butter.
- Crumble cooled cornbread and add broth and stir.
- Mix with broth until thin.
- Add sage, cooked celery, green pepper, and onions.
- Add cream of chicken soup.
- Stir and put in oven.
- Bake on 350 until slightly thick and brown.
I made this to go with my roast beef. It was a very moist dressing. First time I have added cream of chicken soup to my dressing. We like a stronger sage flavor in our dressing so next time I will add a little more. Otherwise a delicious dressing. Made as written. Thanks AFWifey. Bullwinkle