My husband makes this every year for our church's chili cook-off. He has placed every single time he's entered it. Half the judges always tell him that this was the best chili they've ever had.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 8 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown ground beef in oil.
- Add in broth, bouillon, tomato sauce, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 Tablespoons chili powder, and tabasco.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper, onion powder, 1teaspoon Garlic powder, chili powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Stir and simmer another hour.
- Add remaining cumin and red pepper flakes, stir, and cook 30 more minutes.
- Best if prepared the day before and reheated the next day.