1/2 Photos of Perfect Competition Chili
My husband makes this every year for our church's chili cook-off. He has placed every single time he's entered it. Half the judges always tell him that this was the best chili they've ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 8 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Brown ground beef in oil.
- 2Add in broth, bouillon, tomato sauce, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 Tablespoons chili powder, and tabasco.
- 3Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- 4Add salt and pepper, onion powder, 1teaspoon Garlic powder, chili powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Stir and simmer another hour.
- 5Add remaining cumin and red pepper flakes, stir, and cook 30 more minutes.
- 6Best if prepared the day before and reheated the next day.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Competition Chili
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.5
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 728.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 34.1 g