Recipe by Creole cookin'
This dough is fail proof since you use the dough cycle on your bread machine
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk (if you do not have dry buttermilk, omit 1 cup water and use 1 cup whole milk and add 1/2 tsp vinegar)
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- add all ingredients in the order recommended by the manufacturer of your bread machine. Let it do the work while you enjoy some nice iced tea or something --
- When the cycle is over roll the dough into a rectangle and sprinkle it with a mix of cinnamon and brown sugar. I use 1 cup brown sugar and 3 tbs cinnamon but I recommend adjusting to taste.
- roll the dough pinching the ends together.
- Slice rolls and put into greased baking pan.
- Let rise for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven.