I found this in an ancient Betty Crocker cookbook- the novel with the cover half ripped off and corners extremely worn, on my grandma's cookbook shelf. She was going to throw it away, until we found this recipe. My grandma complains about something always going wrong with her fudge. But, with this...no complaints. It comes out perfect- and very addicting- every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter loaf pan (9”x 5”x 3”).
- 2Combine sugar, milk, chocolate, corn syrup, and salt in 2-quart saucepan.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, to 234 on a candy thermometer (or until small amount dropped into cold water forms a soft ball which flattens when removed from water).
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add butter.
- 7Cool mixture to 120 without stirring (or until bottom of pan is lukewarm).
- 8Add vanilla.
- 9Beat vigorously and continuously 5-10 minutes with a wooden spoon, until candy is thick and no longer glossy. (Mixture will hold shape when dropped from the spoon.).
- 10Quickly stir in nuts if desired.
- 11Spread mixture evenly in buttered pan.
- 12Cool until firm. (Then it is ready to cut and serve).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g