1/1 Photo of Perfect Chocolate Frosting (Cake Mix Doctor)
Ann 3's Note:
This frosting really does qualify as perfect. If you follow the recipe to the letter it will be the most satiny, delicious chocolate frosting.
My Private Note
2-3 lay ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a large mixing bowl full of ice in the kitchen sink.
- 2Place the chocolate chips, half and half, and butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Stir the mixture constantly until the chips and butter melt and the mixture thickens, 5 to 6 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat.
- 5Whisk the confectioners' sugar into the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- 6Then, place the saucepan in the bowl of ice, taking special care not to let any of the ice water spill into the saucepan.
- 7Beat the mixture with an electric mixer set on low speed until the frosting thickens and is satiny and fudgelike in appearance, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 8Spread onto the cake of your choice. The frosting will stiffen up as it sets. If it gets too hard to spread, simply place the saucepan back over low heat and stir until it reaches spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Chocolate Frosting (Cake Mix Doctor)
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 105.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g