Recipe by Ann 3
This frosting really does qualify as perfect. If you follow the recipe to the letter it will be the most satiny, delicious chocolate frosting.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup butter, cut into tablespoons (2 sticks)
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large mixing bowl full of ice in the kitchen sink.
- Place the chocolate chips, half and half, and butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture constantly until the chips and butter melt and the mixture thickens, 5 to 6 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk the confectioners' sugar into the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Then, place the saucepan in the bowl of ice, taking special care not to let any of the ice water spill into the saucepan.
- Beat the mixture with an electric mixer set on low speed until the frosting thickens and is satiny and fudgelike in appearance, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spread onto the cake of your choice. The frosting will stiffen up as it sets. If it gets too hard to spread, simply place the saucepan back over low heat and stir until it reaches spreading consistency.