Recipe by BethyB
Searched Google and found this recipe on www.sunset.com and decided to try it out. Have tried so many choco chip cookie recipes in the past looking for the perfect soft and chewy cookie. And, after searching forever, I think I may have finally found it! Enjoy:-)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg, mixing well. Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 400° oven until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, 6 to 7 minutes. If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch positions at half-time.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula. Serve warm or cool.