Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Searched Google and found this recipe on www.sunset.com and decided to try it out. Have tried so many choco chip cookie recipes in the past looking for the perfect soft and chewy cookie. And, after searching forever, I think I may have finally found it! Enjoy:-)
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg, mixing well. Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 400° oven until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, 6 to 7 minutes. If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch positions at half-time.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula. Serve warm or cool.
These really are the best chocolate chip cookies!
I was surprised by how good this recipe was even though I made it more low fat. In place of butter I used applesauce, and then I left out the yolk and doubled the whites. I also used white chocolate chunks. Nothing was said about spraying the sheet, but I would definitely do so. The cookies really stuck where I missed spraying. So good! Thanks