Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Malted milk powder is the secret ingredient that will keep your friends guessing what it is that makes these cookies the BEST!
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder (vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- Mix shortening,butter,and sugars in a large mixing bowl for about 1 minute.
- Add malted milk powder,syrup,vanilla and egg and mix for about 1 minute.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a separate bowl and then gradually mix into the large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into 2" balls and place 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to waxed paper to cool.