Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Malted milk powder is the secret ingredient that will keep your friends guessing what it is that makes these cookies the BEST!
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder (vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- Mix shortening,butter,and sugars in a large mixing bowl for about 1 minute.
- Add malted milk powder,syrup,vanilla and egg and mix for about 1 minute.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a separate bowl and then gradually mix into the large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into 2" balls and place 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to waxed paper to cool.