Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best brownie recipe I've ever used and I've used several!
Make and share this Perfect Chocolate Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13" pan.
- Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat, then stir in cocoa.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla then mix in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients then stir in nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, before cutting into 2x2" squares.
- I have read all the great reviews and learned from them, thank you all. Now I line my pan with buttered alumunin foil or parchment paper. This works very well.
YUMMMMM!!! So easy to make and SO yummy!!! I made them without nuts because my kids dont like nuts and it was scrumptious!!! I'll definately be making these again.
best brownies i've ever made!!!! i baked them last night for a valentine's treat for my boyfriend - as a little romantic touch, cut them out with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. they are sooooo good!!!! and way easy!
This look's like a great recipe, easy ingredients. and straight forward instructions. UPDATE: Hi it's me again, I tried these brownies, and they are fantastic. I will be making these quiet often. Thank you.