Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My boys favorite dish. Easy to make on the stove top in about an hour.
- 1 lb ground beef round or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes (recipe ready)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot.
- Add onion, red pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute until crisp, tender.
- add zucchini and saute for 2 minute.
- Add chili seasonings and cook with veggies for 2 minute.
- Add tomatoes, and beans. Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown meat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain.
- Add meat to chili. Add brown sugar to chili and continue to simmer for about 45 minute or until thickened.