Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I perfected this recipe over time. It started with just cheese, tortillas and butter. I really hit the nail on the head with this recipe and am sure it is as perfect as it's going to get.
- Season chicken with adobo. Coat pan with E.V.O.O and start frying up chicken. Once it is halfway through, add seasoned salt. Once cooked through, put to side so it can cool off. Once it is cool later, shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips. Put a pat of butter and 1 tbsp of E.V.O.O and let heat up. Add peppers and Onions to pan and saute till peppers are slightly tender and onions are browned.
- In a seperate and large flat pan heat up 1 pat of butter over medium heat. Make sure to cover pan. Place 1 flour tortilla in pan and twist in center with palm of to soak up remaining butter (quickly so you don't get burned). Add 1/2 cup of cheese (depending on preference), then half of peppers and onions, and the half of the pieces of chicken. Fold Tortilla in half to close. It should look like a half moon. Crimp edges with spatula to keep contents inside.
- Raise heat up to med-high. Using a spatula Press Tortilla into pan. Cook till browned. About 1-2 minutes. Flip. Cook till toasty ( light to medium brown) on outside and melty on inside.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. The servings you will get depends on how many of each ingredient you use. It is really up to you. I prefer a balance of cheese to meat, but many people enjoy a little more cheese.
- Once complete, use pizza cutter to cut into four wedges. Top wedges with any homemade or store bought salsa. You can also sour cream, black olives or mild green onions for added flavor.