Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When we are hungry for pizza around our house, we usually want something different than the same old pizza we can order from the local delivery places. This Chicken Pesto Pizza is requested time and time again!
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 14 inches prepared pizza crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut chicken tenders into bite size pieces.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and pesto; cook and stir 3 more minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Arrange tomato slices and chicken mixture on pizza crust, leaving bare the 1 inch from the edge.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pizza.
- Bake 8 minutes or until pizza is hot and cheese is melted and bubbly.
I put pizza sauce on the crust before adding the other ingredients. This was a nice change of pace from the usual pizza toppings.
Very delicious! I didn't add onions but added double the pesto sauce. It was very very good.. will be making again, thanks!
This was delicious. I used chicken breast and cooked it in a little olive oil. The red onion and tomatoes on top were yummy. I was worried it might be dry, so I used pizza sauce, and it turned out perfect. A real crowd pleaser.