4 hrs 45 mins
This cheesy Chicken Kiev is to die for! I serve it with broccoli rice au grain, nice crusty french bread, and a green salad. Whenever I go for a visit somewhere or offer to make someone dinner, this is what they ineviatbly request. Kids, husbands, and friends will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- monterey jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
For herbed butter
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned garlic salt
For breadcrumb mix
- 1For herbed butter, combine butter or margarine, oregano, parsely, salt and pepper, and garlic salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2One at a time, cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and flatten with a mallet until about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3set aside.
- 4In the center of each chicken breats spread 1 tablespoon of the prepared herbed butter.
- 5Place 4 tablespoons of the shredded cheese (or as much as you can fit depending on the size of the breast. Get as much in as you can and still be able to roll it).
- 6in the center of the chicken breast You must now roll the chicken into little bundles; fold over slightly on both left and right sides while you roll from the bottom of breast to the top.
- 7The end product should be a tight little bundle so the cheese and butter do not leak out during baking.
- 8You can secure the seems of the bundles with toothpicks (just make sure to get them all out before you serve!) Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and place in a small bowl.
- 9Dip each bundle into the butter and then roll in the breadcrumb mix.
- 10You can repeat this step for an extra thick layer of crumbs.
- 11Place, seam side down, on a baking dish; cover with foil; refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- 12Place in a preheated 350 Degree oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 13When checking the chicken, cut with kitchen knife, but be careful not to cut down to cheese inside or it will ooze out.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Chicken Kiev
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.5
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.9 mg
- Sodium 986.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning