Recipe by KeLynn
This chicken was my most requested dinner when I was living at home. Now I make it quite often. It's perfect for a worknight because it's super simple. I'm not usually a fan of swiss cheese but it definitely gives this recipe it's unique taste. The bundles will stay together quite well if you place them crease side down but toothpicks may be used if needed. I love serving this with rice and mixed veggies. To reheat the oven works much better than the microwave.
- 1 package thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast (I use Purdue scallopini)
- 1⁄4 lb sliced ham (I get Virginia baked ham from the deli)
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine egg and milk in small bowl and place breadcrumbs on plate.
- Dip chicken into egg/milk mixture then coat one side with breadcrumb mixture and place breadcrumb side down in 13 X 9 glass baking dish.
- After all pieces are in baking dish place cheese then ham on each piece of chicken. (I usually tear the slice of cheese in half so that when I put it on the chicken it covers the whole thing - any remaining cheese or ham I just divide between the chicken).
- Roll chicken making sure to keep cheese and ham tucked inside and place crease side down in dish.
- Top with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 35 minutes until juices run clear.