Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Delicious chicken breasts with a great gravy that is wonderful served over noodles and rice.
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar dried beef
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- Line bottom of oblong slow cooker with slices of dried beef; overlap some.
- Roll each chicken breast with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in slow cooker, overlapping as little as possible.
- Combine mushroom soup, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of water or milk.
- Spoon over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
I did pretty much cut the recipe in half, but used 4 quite small breasts & changed the soup to cream of chicken (When possible, I tend to substitute another kind of soup when the recipe calls for cream of mushroom!). I also fried the bacon beforehand until just beginning to crisp, but still pliable, & that worked great, I thought! That gave us 2 very nice tasting meals! A great recipe to keep around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
This was good and very easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't have lemon juice and I only used one can of golden mushroom soup. We liked the taste but my bacon didn't get cooked, it was still pretty much raw and we like hard cooked bacon. Next time I think I would cook the bacon before (or use precooked bacon) and then I think it would be a five star recipe. I also added some pepper to the chicken.
How easy! I think I added too many slices of beef, as it was a bit too salty for me. Next time I'll use less. Other than that, it was well received at our dinner on Sunday evening. Made for 123 tag.