Recipe by weekend cooker
Delicious chicken breasts with a great gravy that is wonderful served over noodles and rice.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I did pretty much cut the recipe in half, but used 4 quite small breasts & changed the soup to cream of chicken (When possible, I tend to substitute another kind of soup when the recipe calls for cream of mushroom!). I also fried the bacon beforehand until just beginning to crisp, but still pliable, & that worked great, I thought! That gave us 2 very nice tasting meals! A great recipe to keep around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar dried beef
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Line bottom of oblong slow cooker with slices of dried beef; overlap some.
- Roll each chicken breast with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in slow cooker, overlapping as little as possible.
- Combine mushroom soup, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of water or milk.
- Spoon over chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.