1/1 Photo of Perfect Chicken and Dumplings
1 hr 15 mins
This is very basic and easy to make. It does not contain vegetables like a lot of other recipes do. Prep time includes boiling the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the chicken in the water and bouillon cubes.
- 2You can use any combination of chicken parts, just be sure to use chicken with the skin on.
- 3When the chicken is done, remove it from the broth and chop the meat into bite sized pieces.
- 4Take 1 cup of the broth and add the egg and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- 5Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut into strips about 1x2inches.
- 6(dough should be about 1/8th of an inch thick).
- 7Drop the strips into the remaining broth (it should be boiling first).
- 8Simmer them for 30 minutes.
- 9Add the chicken pieces during the last 5 minutes.
- 10Add salt and pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 556.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 15.4 g