Martha Stewart's brownies that have brown sugar in them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 7 by 11 1/2 by 2-inch baking pan.
- 3Line with parchment paper; set aside.
- 4In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine the butter and chocolate and melt.
- 5Remove from heat and let stand until cool.
- 6Sift the flour and baking powder together into a medium bowl; set aside.
- 7In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- 8Gradually beat in the sugar.
- 9Continue beating until mixture is thick and mousse-like and a trail is left on the surface when the whisk is lifted, about 3 minutes more.
- 10Gradually fold in the chocolate mixture, alternating with the dry ingredients.
- 11Fold in the nuts.
- 12Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake until top is cracked and the center is just firm to the touch, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- 13The brownies should not have a cake-like consistency.
- 14Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
- 15Cut into squares in the pan before turning out onto a board.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 47.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g