Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Martha Stewart's brownies that have brown sugar in them!
Make and share this Perfect Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 7 by 11 1/2 by 2-inch baking pan.
- Line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine the butter and chocolate and melt.
- Remove from heat and let stand until cool.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Continue beating until mixture is thick and mousse-like and a trail is left on the surface when the whisk is lifted, about 3 minutes more.
- Gradually fold in the chocolate mixture, alternating with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake until top is cracked and the center is just firm to the touch, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- The brownies should not have a cake-like consistency.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan.
- Cut into squares in the pan before turning out onto a board.
These are extremely good. The chocolate alone might set you back $8-10 if you get Ghirardelli chocolate (which I used). But the result is a luxurious brownie, for special occasions or when you want to impress somebody. Using Ghirardelli chocolate gave it a very complex chocolate flavor. It's something anyone who's a fan of food can appreciate.