Recipe by Happy Hippie
I love bread pudding and this is my favorite. It's very quick and easy to prepare and my family loves it. Hope you do too.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
Yum! This recipe lived up to it's name. I used day old Egg Bread Magic Recipe #257420. I did not have raisins but I did have dried cherries so I used them. The recipe is very cinnamon-y so if you're not real sure about how much cinnamon you'll enjoy, you may want to cut back a little on it. I made a half recipe in an 8" x 4" loaf pan, set in a bigger pan with warm water. Twice during the baking, I pressed down on the bread to keep it immersed in the egg custard. The bread pudding took about 1 hour to cook and even now, the day after, it is very, very soft. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups bread, cubed (day-old)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and eggs.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Toss lightly to blend.
- Spread mixture in a greased 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Set dish on oven rack placed over a shallow pan.
- Pour hot water around it into shallow pan one inch deep.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1/2 way between center and outside edge comes out clean.