1/1 Photo of Perfect Brazilian Buttery Rice
This is a more unusual way of preparing white rice, but it is guaranteed to be perfect every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pot, melt 1 tbs of butter.
- 2Add 1 cup white rice and fry it, almost continuously stirring with a spatula until some rice grains begin to brown (watch carefully, it can burn easily at this point).
- 3Quickly add 2 cups of boiling water (this will create a giant puff of hot steam).
- 4Add salt, if using.
- 5Cook with the heat on high until it starts boiling.
- 6Put the lid on, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- 7Wait 5 minutes with the heat off, keeping the pot covered.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Brazilian Buttery Rice
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g