Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a more unusual way of preparing white rice, but it is guaranteed to be perfect every time.
- In a pot, melt 1 tbs of butter.
- Add 1 cup white rice and fry it, almost continuously stirring with a spatula until some rice grains begin to brown (watch carefully, it can burn easily at this point).
- Quickly add 2 cups of boiling water (this will create a giant puff of hot steam).
- Add salt, if using.
- Cook with the heat on high until it starts boiling.
- Put the lid on, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Wait 5 minutes with the heat off, keeping the pot covered.
- Serve and enjoy!
I must confess, this is how I always make rice! Sometimes I use oil rather than butter, but it's always nicer with butter!!! Works perfectly every time. Thank you Annya, I made this rice to go with your recipe#174997, we enjoyed a fabulous dinner!!! Made for PAC Spring 2012