Truly perfect. Perfect for trifles, perfect with fresh fruit, perfect with caramel sauce, perfect on its own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs in top of a double boiler on medium speed of an electric mixer until frothy.
- 2Combine sugar, flour, and salt; stirring well; gradually add to eggs, beating until thick.
- 3Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot milk into egg mixture; add remaining milk, stirring constantly.
- 4Bring water in bottom of double boiler to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes, or until custard thickens and coats a metal spoon.
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7Pour custard into serving bowl and chill.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Boiled Custard
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 167.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g