1/4 Photos of Perfect Blueberry Pie
1 hr 10 mins
a super easy piecrust recipe that has turned into my "go to". You make the crust right in the pie pan, pressing the dough up the sides, allowing the excess to fall on the counter to be used as the topping! Could not be easier, and extremely easily veganized since it's an oil-based crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-2/3 cup salad oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 2Into a 9-inch pie plate, sift together the flour, sugar, and the salt.
- 3In a glass measuring cup, whisk together 1/2 cup salad oil and 3 tablespoons milk with a fork. Pour that over the flour mixture in pie plate and mix with a fork until all flour is evenly dampened. If it is still too dry to work with your hands, mix a little more oil with a little milk and add to flour mixture.
- 4With your hands press the dough evenly against the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, allowing the excess to fall on the counter. (This will be the top crumble crust and is about 1/3 of the total crust mixture.) Sweep it into your hand and reserve in a small bowl.
- 5Crimp the edges of the bottom crust or use a fork dipped in milk to flatten the crust along the rim.
- 6Berry pie filling:.
- 7Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8To the washed berries add cornstarch, sugar, cinnamon, and freshly grated nutmeg. Stir gently.
- 9Place the berry mixture in the bottom crust and sprinkle lemon juice over it. Then with an ordinary teaspoon, place little 1/2 teaspoons soft butter evenly over the top of the berry filling.
- 10Crumble the reserved crust on top of the pie.
- 11Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Check it after 30 minutes. If crust is getting golden but pie filling is not quite congealed, tent the pie with aluminum foil to keep crust from getting too brown.
- 12Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Blueberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 416.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g