Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful, cake-like muffins! Great for breakfast or just a snack.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In medium bowl, blend together butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold blueberries into mixture carefully berries aren't crushed.
- Spoon muffin mix into paper liners.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes depending on how full the liners are, I like to overfill a little because the top of the muffin is my favorite part but it may take a little longer to cook depending on the oven.
Made these over the weekend for a breakfast treat and they were very good. They came out nice and moist (even the ones that survived until the next morning) and were not too sweet. My son who isn't a blueberry fan even said they weren't bad for blueberry muffins. (4) Made for PAC March 2011.
Just got home from picking fresh blueberries and made a double batch (yielded 33) of muffins ...delicious! I sprinkled sugar crystals on top before baking for an extra special muffin top.
Super easy and SUPER yummy. Would have taken a picture, but they were gone before I could go and get the camera. Thanks for sharing!