Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 min
This makes the most wonderful blintz! If you make these in an 8-inch skillet you should get 9-10 blintzes, make lots and freeze them. The batter needs to sit for about 30 minutes before using. If you are filling these with a sweet filling then increase the sugar and vanilla slightly. Try to warm your cream or milk up in the microwave slightly just until about room temperature before adding to the batter.
- 3 large eggs
- 59.14 ml water, room temperature
- 59.14 ml half-and-half cream or 59.14 ml full-fat milk
- 1.23 ml vanilla (optional)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 9.85 ml sugar (no more that 2 teaspoons or the blintz will darken too much in the skillet)
- 118.29 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml butter, melted (no subs)
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs, then whisk in water, milk, salt, 2 teaspoons sugar and vanilla (if using) until well blended.
- Sift the flour and baking powder, then stir into the egg ingredients; whisk until thick (the batter should resemble thick unwhipped whipping cream).
- Stir in melted butter.
- Let the batter sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes or until it comes to room temperature and the bubbles settle.
- Lightly butter a 8-inch skillet on medium heat.
- Add in about 3-4 tablespoons batter and swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the bottom is set and light browned (these will cook very fast!).
- Flip the blintz over and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- *NOTE* You can cool these and then place on a baking sheet, freeze them then transfer to a plastic bag.
you doll!! you have MADE my dinner tonight! My DS is going to go crazy with delight! I keep seeing these on cooking shows and I remember mom making them as we were kids. Now, what to stuff inside this time??!! I'm going to triple these and freeze for later use.
easy to make and very good. the batter was eggy and rich in flavor.
kITTENCAL,these were very easy to make.We really liked them,first time making a Blintz.Your directions were clear and precise,like all your recipes.You are a Whiz!thank you ,this is a keeper,as you can vary the fillings and toppings so much.THANKS Rose of Sharon