1/1 Photo of Perfect Blintz Batter
This makes the most wonderful blintz! If you make these in an 8-inch skillet you should get 9-10 blintzes, make lots and freeze them. The batter needs to sit for about 30 minutes before using. If you are filling these with a sweet filling then increase the sugar and vanilla slightly. Try to warm your cream or milk up in the microwave slightly just until about room temperature before adding to the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream or 1/4 cup full-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar (no more that 2 teaspoons or the blintz will darken too much in the skillet)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (no subs)
- 1In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs, then whisk in water, milk, salt, 2 teaspoons sugar and vanilla (if using) until well blended.
- 2Sift the flour and baking powder, then stir into the egg ingredients; whisk until thick (the batter should resemble thick unwhipped whipping cream).
- 3Stir in melted butter.
- 4Let the batter sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes or until it comes to room temperature and the bubbles settle.
- 5Lightly butter a 8-inch skillet on medium heat.
- 6Add in about 3-4 tablespoons batter and swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- 7Cook until the bottom is set and light browned (these will cook very fast!).
- 8Flip the blintz over and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 9Repeat with remaining batter.
- 10*NOTE* You can cool these and then place on a baking sheet, freeze them then transfer to a plastic bag.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Blintz Batter
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g