Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the luscious combo of sweet and spicy in these home style baked beans. These are perfect for those folks who prefer just a dash of spiciness and/or just a dash of sweetness to their beans, with neither flavor overpowering the other. These are quick, and very easy to make, utilizing canned beans - yet, they taste slaved over and homemade. Enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans with jalapenos
- 1 (15 ounce) canbush's home style brown sugar baked beans, with bacon
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Pour beans into oven-safe casserole dish.
- Mix together well.
- Add onions and peppers.
- Stir well.
- Add ketchup and barbecue sauce; stir well.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes to 1 hour (uncovered).
- * NOTE: These can also be made in the microwave, in a pinch (microwave - covered - for 2 minutes, stir, and microwave for 1-2 additional minutes); however, the veggies are more tender, and the flavor better, if baked in the oven.
- Serve piping hot.
I was in the mood to try a new bean recipe and wanted something with jalapeno, decided to give this one a try and it was very good. Much different flavor because I had never tried ranch style beans before. Really good combo. I made this recipe as is except that I sauteed the green pepper and onion for a few minutes before mixing. Baked for the 1 hour and our guests all like this recipe that went with our Santa Maria BBQ. I will make this one again, thanks for sharing.