Recipe by mycashewchicken
I've been perfecting this recipe for years. I particularly like how this latest version comes out.
Top Review by VeneziaAmore
This is one of my favorite veggie burger recipes. They came out delicious. The recipe filled up two cookie sheets perfectly, and I just refrigerated the rest for lunch tomorrow. As forewarned, they are a little difficult to mix in the blender; next time, I'll use the food processor. I cooked them extra long, because I was afraid they'd be mushy in the middle, but the ingredients in the recipe came together nicely and gave these a lovely, firm, texture. Next time, I won't cook them as long; and I am sure they will be nice and moist. Rave reviews from everyone. Thanks!
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups textured vegetable protein
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse beans in a colander.
- In a blender, combine beans and eggs. Blend until smooth, some chunks will remain. Depending on strength of blender, additional water may be useful.
- In a bowl, season blended bean mash to taste. Add chopped veggies if desired. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, etc. Add prepared, rehydrated TVP(follow directions on package)- mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add flour to bean and TVP mix, stir until mixture is thickened.
- To cook, spread a patty sized amount onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake at 400°F until outside of patty is crispy and browned. Freeze leftover bean mash in small containers. Mash thaws well when using a microwave's defrost feature.