Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been perfecting this recipe for years. I particularly like how this latest version comes out.
Make and share this Perfect Black Bean and Tvp Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Drain and rinse beans in a colander.
- In a blender, combine beans and eggs. Blend until smooth, some chunks will remain. Depending on strength of blender, additional water may be useful.
- In a bowl, season blended bean mash to taste. Add chopped veggies if desired. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, etc. Add prepared, rehydrated TVP(follow directions on package)- mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add flour to bean and TVP mix, stir until mixture is thickened.
- To cook, spread a patty sized amount onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake at 400°F until outside of patty is crispy and browned. Freeze leftover bean mash in small containers. Mash thaws well when using a microwave's defrost feature.