I've been perfecting this recipe for years. I particularly like how this latest version comes out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse beans in a colander.
- 2In a blender, combine beans and eggs. Blend until smooth, some chunks will remain. Depending on strength of blender, additional water may be useful.
- 3In a bowl, season blended bean mash to taste. Add chopped veggies if desired. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, etc. Add prepared, rehydrated TVP(follow directions on package)- mix thoroughly.
- 4Slowly add flour to bean and TVP mix, stir until mixture is thickened.
- 5To cook, spread a patty sized amount onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake at 400°F until outside of patty is crispy and browned. Freeze leftover bean mash in small containers. Mash thaws well when using a microwave's defrost feature.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Black Bean and Tvp Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (1746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 15.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein