Recipe by kclay61
This recipe was found by one of my daughter's on the Kraft website. I decided to try it and boy was it ever good! I just had to share this one.
Top Review by JohnsCutie
Made this dish and found the flavors to be very subtle, and too bland for my taste. It would be great with the addition of some black pepper and a little spice. It took me 45 minutes to get it to the point where I was supposed to bring it to a boil, but I had to double it for my family, so I had to fry 12 slices of bacon and cut up double the vegetables. Because of that, I found it too time involved to make the taste worth the trouble. Because of the extra liquid, it took extra time to cook, and never really thickened the way I wanted it to.
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 lbs stew meat (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled cut into chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dressing and meat in large resealable plastic bag.
- Refrigerate 30 minute to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat 5 minute or until crisp.
- Remove bacon from saucepan; drain.
- Add onions and mushrooms; cook on medium-high heat 10 minute or until softened.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
- Add meat, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes with their liquid, the broth and bacon to saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low/ cover and simmer 1 hour and 15 minute
- Simmer uncovered, 15 minute or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.