According to Bobby Flay
Make and share this Perfect Beef Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces rib eye steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon homemade dry rub seasonings
- Preheat the grill to high, giving it 15 minutes to build heat.
- Coat the steak with olive oil, then cover one side with the spice rub. When the grill is hot, lay the steak on it, rub side down.
- Cook, undisturbed, for 4 minutes. Flip the steak with tongs, not a fork (the juices will escape), and move to a cooler part of the grill to finish cooking it through, another 4 to 5 minutes. The steak is medium rare when its internal temp reaches 145°F or it feels like a Nerf football to the touch.
- Serve with a side of grilled vegetables dusted with smoked paprika, and a scoop of homemade salsa. If you've used pork or chicken, serve with mango or pineapple salsa.
I don't eat red meat but my Hubby and Daughter (Little Miss) love a good steak. This helps me to learn about good technique in cooking steak, thank you swirlycinnacakes