Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been eating these every summer for 25 years. They go great with sour cream and bacon bits. Great ccompaniment for steaks, chops, chicken... whatever!
- 2 lbs potatoes (about 4 medium... I think)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion
- 3 carrots
- salt and pepper
- Scrub potatoes and slice into 1/8 inch pieces.
- Peel and cut carrots and onion.
- Place potatoes in a row in the center of a piece of foil (shiny side up).
- Add carrots, onion, margarine, salt& pepper.
- Roll the sides of the foil together like rolling up a paper bag and fold in the ends.
- Don't be afraid to squish it all together to make sure it's sealed.
- Place the package in the middle of another piece of foil, seam down, and roll it up again.
- BBQ on medium-high for 10 minutes, turn over, BBQ another 10 minutes turn again, BBQ 5 min, turn again and BBQ a final 5 minutes.
- If you're also BBQing meat, put the meat on after 20 minutes and put potatoes on the top rack of the BBQ and keep turning every few minutes until meat is cooked.
we do something similar, but we learned during a poweroutage and did it in a fireplace, add fennel, and cilantro,plus we also added yams, and parsnips. It's excellent, especially on a cold winter night. build up the fire after and enjoy.
These were good and easy to make.I tried them last week and everyone liked them! Thanks