Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
My boss Judy gave me this recipe today, I prepared it tonight and WOW! It is perfect for a family like mine, who some like it reddish pink and others more well done. Best of all it is a no brainer!
- 1 -2 lb of whole trimmed beef tenderloin
- olive oil, just enough to rub both sides of beef
- garlic powder, to taste
- seasoning salt, to taste
- seasoned pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Spray a small roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rub beef with just enough olive oil to moisten.
- Season to taste with garlic powder, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper, taking care to do both sides.
- Place in roasting pan.
- Add water to pan, but do not pour over beef.
- Cook 15 minutes uncovered at 500 degrees.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Cook an additional 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place meat on platter and pour pan juices over.
I made this for Christmas dinner and I will admit that I was nervous about it. It is an expensive piece of meat to ruin. BUT...it came out beautifully and my Dad, who is a huge meat lover, raved and raved about it. I had to cook it longer than 45 minutes at 375* but I trusted my meat thermometer and waited until it was 155* to pull it out of the oven. I let it sit out for 15-20 miniutes and the temp. rose to a perfect 160*. I think it would be helpful to add some temperatures to this recipe for those of us who need more definitive proof that the meat is really done! This will go in my Best of Zaar So Far cookbook. KCShell
Made this for Christmas Dinner and it came out excellent. Followed instructions to the letter. Did not cover at all while cooking. The outer ends were done enough for my Mom who likes all her meat Well Done, & the middle part was medium to medium rare like the rest of us like it. Searing it first gave it a nice crust, and it came out very juicy. This will be my beef tenderloin recipe from here on out. 1/9/08-Used this recipe again this year for Christmas Dinner, and it came out perfectly, just like last year. Would give 10 stars if I could!
Easy, tender and absolutely awesome flavor! I added Banana Peppers and Worcestershire Sauce (personal preference). I made mine in my roaster oven so it looked a little different because you can't get it up to 500 degrees, so next time I'll sear it first. DH and son kept raving and eating, raving and eating...LOL! This is a keeper! Thanks for sharing.