Recipe by Michelle S.
My boss Judy gave me this recipe today, I prepared it tonight and WOW! It is perfect for a family like mine, who some like it reddish pink and others more well done. Best of all it is a no brainer!
Top Review by KCShell
I made this for Christmas dinner and I will admit that I was nervous about it. It is an expensive piece of meat to ruin. BUT...it came out beautifully and my Dad, who is a huge meat lover, raved and raved about it. I had to cook it longer than 45 minutes at 375* but I trusted my meat thermometer and waited until it was 155* to pull it out of the oven. I let it sit out for 15-20 miniutes and the temp. rose to a perfect 160*. I think it would be helpful to add some temperatures to this recipe for those of us who need more definitive proof that the meat is really done! This will go in my Best of Zaar So Far cookbook. KCShell
- 1 -2 lb of whole trimmed beef tenderloin
- olive oil, just enough to rub both sides of beef
- garlic powder, to taste
- seasoning salt, to taste
- seasoned pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Spray a small roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rub beef with just enough olive oil to moisten.
- Season to taste with garlic powder, seasoned salt and seasoned pepper, taking care to do both sides.
- Place in roasting pan.
- Add water to pan, but do not pour over beef.
- Cook 15 minutes uncovered at 500 degrees.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Cook an additional 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place meat on platter and pour pan juices over.