Recipe by The Hungry Vegan
This banana bread has a delightful crisp to the crust and a nice body to the crumb. It is the perfect level of sweet and spice, no hard to find ingredients. 100% Vegan.
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 7⁄8 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7⁄8 cup canola oil
- 5 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1⁄2 applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar or 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or 2 teaspoons apple cider
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 10 dried figs, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- Cream together sugar and oil. Add wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Add figs (optional).
- Split batter between loaf pans.
- Bake for 70 minutes.