1 hr 27 mins
1 hr 12 mins
This banana bread is awesome! It's loaded with pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon! Also, it's loaded with flavor! I found it in a LHJ magazine many years ago. The riper the bananas, the better. This loaf freezes well and can stay out of refrigerator for up to 2 days, wrapped well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use a little more)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (please use pure)
- 1/2 cup butter (please use the real thing)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 3Pulse pecans in food processor until coarsely chopped. (can do by hand).
- 4Whisk together flour, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a medium bowl.
- 5Combine bananas, buttermilk and vanilla in another bowl.
- 6Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium-high speed until well combined, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds with each addition. Reduce speed, and beat in half of the flour mixture, just until combined. Repeat with remaining flour and banana mixtures. Fold in nuts.
- 7Scrape batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake 70 to 72 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of pan; unmold onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 345.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g