1/2 Photos of Perfect Baked Potatoes - Oven or Grill
1 hr 15 mins
I despise bland baked potatoes! This is a cooperative recipe that I put together using techniques I have gathered from my father, brother in law, eldest brother and myself. I know that you will love the ease of putting together these very flavorful baked potatoes. NOTE: There is a pictorial tutorial in the photo gallery to the left.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and finely minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (choose mesquite -o-r- hickory flavor)
- 1FLAVORED OIL: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, liquid smoke and garlic. Set aside.
- 2SEASONING MIX: In a small dish mix kosher salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Set aside.
- 3Wash, scrub and dry potatoes well. With a sharp paring knife, cut out a nice wedge from the potato's middle. Remove the wedge and place 1 teaspoon of butter in the hollow. Sprinkle with seasoning mix. Replace the wedge pressing down gently.
- 4Place each potato on its own sheet of foil. Rub the potato with the olive oil mixture making sure to get some of the crushed garlic on the potato. Sprinkle with additional seasoning mix and roll up tightly in aluminum foil.
- 5OVEN: Place potatoes in a 350 degree oven for 60 minutes.
- 6GRILL: Place potatoes on the grill away from the coals, close the lid and grill for 40-60 minutes depending on the temperature of your grill.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Baked Potatoes - Oven or Grill
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 475.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g