Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I got this from an old Bavarian Meat Mkt., years ago. Everyone raves about...hope you do, too! It comes out so moist, tender & flavorful! HINT: Stay away from the spiral sliced hams...they have a tendancy to get overcooked & dry out.
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Score the fat on the ham in about 1 inches diamond shapes & place a whole clove in the center of each -- 10-15 whole cloves is plenty.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together & pour into the bottom of a large roaster.
- Place ham in roaster & place in oven.
- Bake 5-6 hours.
- Check every 1½ to 2 hours to be sure there's enough liquid in the bottom of the roaster -- add HOT water as needed.
- NOTE: I don't normally glaze my ham, but if you do, I recommend making a medium-thick paste out of ginger ale & light brown sugar & glaze during the last hour or so.