Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe online. It is so simple & works perfectly.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Coat lightly with oil spray.
- Lay out bacon in a single layer. Put in a cold oven.
- Turn on to 400°F; Set timer for 17 minutes.
- When the 17 minutes is up, check every 1-2 minutes until done. It will look slightly undercooked in the oven. Take it out now & it will be perfect - crispy but not hard.
- 1. sprinkle with brown sugar before baking.
- 2. sprinkle with black pepper before baking.
- 3. lightly coat with jerk seasoning before baking.
Perfect! I needed pre-cooked bacon for two different recipes so did 5 strips - 3 with pepper and 2 plain. At 17 minutes I took them out but wanted them a bit crispier so put back for 2 more minutes and it was just what I needed. Thanks for sharing!
Great idea! I've used the cold oven method before with a rack although often that comes out a bit too crunchy. This was an ideal in-between and certainly makes a lot less mess.
What an easy and great way to make bacon. I cooked 1/2 lb for a potato salad. Made for Aus/NZ tag.