Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I copied this recipe from the Pillsbury website. It really is good and so easy.
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples or 6 medium gala apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; pierce the bottom pie crust with a fork. Spoon filling into the pierced crust-lined pie plate. Top with second pie plate crust. Be sure to discard the top tin. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute if you want. I sealed the edges with the teeth of a fork. Cut 3 slits or shapes in top crust to allow for ventilation and even cooking.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
- (Hint: While peeling apples soak them in water and lemon juice to prevent browning as apples are being prepped.).