Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pie has won me some prize money :)
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 frozen pie crusts, deep dish
- Layer apples in bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Toss to coat.
- Mix dry ingredients together and combine thoroughly. Completely toss apples with dry ingredients. Add to pie crust. Dot with butter.
- I usually roll out the second pie crust, cut into strips, and make a lattice on top but a complete top crust with vent holes will work fine too. Sprinkle the pie with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
This was very good, I did modify it a bit because I wanted a streusel top instead of pastry so I did not add the extra 2 tablespoons of butter nor the 1 teaspoon of sugar. I used my own pastry recipe#291722. Thank you for a great recipe:) I made for the Newest Zaar tag.