1/2 Photos of Perfect (And Easy!) Shortbread
1 hr 5 mins
This is from the back of the Canada Cornstarch box - I've been making it for years. Four ingredients, and it comes out tasting and looking perfect each time. For fun I like to add coloured sugar sprinkles for the holidays! (P.S. I learned how to bake with this recipe, so that tells you how easy it is!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the cornstarch, icing (powdered) sugar and flour.
- 2Blend in butter until a soft smooth dough forms.
- 3Shape into 1" balls and chill 30 -60 minutes.
- 4Place 1 1/2" apart on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a floured fork. (omit if throwing sprinkles on, and/or don't like fork flattened shortbread - I don't and it still comes out just fine)
- 5Bake 300' for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool. Watch that they don't brown, you want to pull them out while they still look a smidge underdone - the idea is that they do not brown on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect (And Easy!) Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: