Recipe by netselkie
This is from the back of the Canada Cornstarch box - I've been making it for years. Four ingredients, and it comes out tasting and looking perfect each time. For fun I like to add coloured sugar sprinkles for the holidays! (P.S. I learned how to bake with this recipe, so that tells you how easy it is!)
Top Review by DearMissDear
These are the EASIEST cookies to make and are incredibly addicting. With a little food coloring flavoring and creativity you can do some amazing things. Mix them up, and they make a great gift for friends and family.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the cornstarch, icing (powdered) sugar and flour.
- Blend in butter until a soft smooth dough forms.
- Shape into 1" balls and chill 30 -60 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2" apart on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a floured fork. (omit if throwing sprinkles on, and/or don't like fork flattened shortbread - I don't and it still comes out just fine)
- Bake 300' for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool. Watch that they don't brown, you want to pull them out while they still look a smidge underdone - the idea is that they do not brown on the bottom.