Recipe by MollyLin
This is my favorite recipe for acorn squash. It's very sweet, but not overly so. I based this off a recipe by Paula Deen. It's best to use real maple syrup. My husband who doesn't like squash and my 3 year old daughter really liked this. I served it with a pork roast and mashed potatoes.
- 2 acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice acorn squash in half from top to bottom and scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp. With a knife or fork pierce the flesh of the squash on the inside being careful not to go through the skin.
- In a bowl mix brown sugar, syrup, cinnamon,salt and pepper.
- Cut the butter into little cubes and put 2 tablespoons into each squash. Place 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture over the butter.
- Place squash on baking sheet and bake for one hour.