Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Similar to the chili dogs from Perciful's Drive-In, Little Rock, AR. The sauce is mild.
Make and share this Perciful-Style Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- beef broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped medium
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons gebhardt's chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 large head cabbage
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yellow mustard (French's)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- grilled hot dog
- heated hot dog bun
- Crumble the ground chuck into a medium-sized pot.
- Add beef broth just to cover the meat, and mix well with a slotted spoon in order to further break up the beef.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slaw--using a food processor fitted with a small steel blade, finely grate the cabbage.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Assembly--place grilled hot dogs in heated buns.
- Top with Perciful-style sauce and Perciful-style slaw to taste and serve immediately.