Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Kings cooking studio. Goes well with cous cous or rice.
Make and share this Perch or Snapper Fillet With Tomatoes and Onion recipe from Food.com.
- 4 red snapper fillets or 4 perch fillets, skin on
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, can use vine ripe, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- canola oil, to coat baking dish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Coat a baking dish with canola oil thoroughly and add the fillets skin side down.
- Pour the lemon juice over the fish and bake approximately 8 minutes or less, the fish will flake when touched with a fork when done.
- While the fillets bake, heat a medium saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil to it.
- Heat the oil and add the garlic and onions.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the tomatoes and parsley.
- Continue to saute for approximately 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and serve with the tomatoes and onions on top.
very good. The only thing I did differently is I added a quarter of an orange bell pepper (i had one on hand and had to use it up) and a 1/4 cup of white wine to the tomato and onion mixture. I was hesitant to try perch, but I was pleasantly surprised!
LOVE this recipe! I'm new to perch as a college student who just began cooking for herself and this was a great recipe to start on. Easy to make and all the roommates were commenting on what smelled so good. Thanks for posting!