Recipe by FoodsRus
This is the ONLY way to cook Perch caught fresh in Northern Canadian waters.
Top Review by CatRep2
I went to lake erie and caught our limit of lake perch. In search of a tasty way to prepare them I discovered this recipe. These were awesome.. very easy to prepare..... my wife loves lake perch and orders lake perch frequently in many restaurants. This dish rivals any she has had. Will make again and again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 fresh lake perch fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, paprika, and salt together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend the egg and the milk.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan.
- Dip perch fillets in egg wash first and then into the flour mixture.
- Carefully place them into the hot butter in the frying pan and brown on both sides.
- Remove from the butter and drain on a paper towel to absorb excess butter.
- Serve immediately.