Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the ONLY way to cook Perch caught fresh in Northern Canadian waters.
Make and share this Perch Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 fresh lake perch fillets
- Mix flour, paprika, and salt together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend the egg and the milk.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan.
- Dip perch fillets in egg wash first and then into the flour mixture.
- Carefully place them into the hot butter in the frying pan and brown on both sides.
- Remove from the butter and drain on a paper towel to absorb excess butter.
- Serve immediately.
I went to lake erie and caught our limit of lake perch. In search of a tasty way to prepare them I discovered this recipe. These were awesome.. very easy to prepare..... my wife loves lake perch and orders lake perch frequently in many restaurants. This dish rivals any she has had. Will make again and again.
I found using 1 cup or less of flour sufficent, as I had more ingredients left over after making six large perch filets. Taste was good and although, no cooking time was indicated. I use the 10 minute per inch think rule, per side.
Easy and tasty fish recipe. Maybe it was the size of my fillets, but I could've gotten away with alot less milk and flour mix. 1/2 cup of milk and 1 cup of flour would've been good. I cut back on the amount of paprika and added a lilttle seasoning salt.