Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I was never a fan of pot roast, but I tried this recipe once because it was fast and easy. My husband says it was the best meal I ever made him, and we fought over leftovers!
- 3 -4 lbs roast (can use pork or beef, but I really liked the beef better)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, any brand
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (some people use onion soup mix, I prefer Ranch)
- 1 large onion (optional)
- 2 -3 potatoes, quartered (optional)
- Place roast in the bottom of crock pot.
- If you are adding onions and/or potatoes, cut these now and place on top of the roast.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup over roast (and onions/potatoes).
- Sprinkle full pkg of ranch mix on top of the soup.
- Pour Pepsi over all. I use enough Pepsi to mostly cover all ingredients, and because it makes the best sauce/gravy I have ever tasted!
- Bake in crock pot all day, and enjoy a wonderful supper! If you want to start eating sooner, just cook on high.
We loved this pot roast! I used a bottom round roast, golden mushroom soup, and a large onion. The Pepsi I poured in until there was about an inch or so in the bottom of the dish. Left the potatoes out because I made mashed potatoes. Didnt make this in the crock pot because I didnt plan correctly. Baked in the oven at 350 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours. I covered with foil until the last half hour so the roast could brown. The roast was moist and tender, very nice flavor and the pan drippings I thickened with some flour and water. Very good gravy!! Will be making this pot roast again!
Really good. I used a pork roast and opted for the Ranch dressing mix. The entire family loved it. I will be making this again sometime soon!
I am a little bummed that I have to only give 2 stars...but it really did not taste good at all to me or my husband. Had to throw it out. My son did like it though.