This recipe sounds strange and tastes wonderful. We have experimented with other brands of soda, but none worked as well. You can also cook potatoes and carrots with the roast for a complete meal.
- 1360.77 g pork shoulder butt
- 340.19 g can Pepsi
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 17.57 g package onion soup mix
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Mix soup mix with soup.
- Add cola to soup mixture and pour over roast.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- When done, remove roast and thicken juices with cornstarch for wonderful gravy.
First let me start by saying it tasted great and the family loved it. It was so easy to prepare. I used the entire pkg. of Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup. I didn't find that the whole can of Pepsi was too much like some others. I love having extra gravy. It tasted so good on the Mashed Potatoes. Usually pork is dry no matter how you cook it but this turned out juicy and tender. I will be making this dish often.
This is a great recipe! I have made it weekly since I discovered it. Flavor is wonderful and works with a variety of pork cuts. So easy to make in the crock pot. Tastes wonderful with rice or potatoes. SO EASY!
This is a delicious recipe. The roast is tasty and it makes wonderful gravy for mashed potatoes. Definately a keeper. Thank you for sharing.