Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A warm rich roast with a delightful twist. This is not your grandmother's cooking!
Make and share this Pepsi Crock Pot Bacon Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Pour 1/2-1 can of Pepsi Cola into your crock pot and set temperature to low. I typically use a full can of Pepsi. It will yield a greater amount of gravy in the end.
- Place your 2 - 3 lb Beef Roast in the crock pot and sprinkle the Dry Onion Soup mix over roast and the Pepsi.
- While cooking the roast on low, fry the bacon to a crisp, crumble it and set aside.
- Measure to taste 3-5 tablespoons of bacon drippings and drizzle it over your roast.
- Spread the bacon crumbles over your roast and dry onion soup mix.
- Cover roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 4-6 hours on high.
- One hour before roast is to be served make your gravy.
- Lift roast out of crock pot and set aside.
- Add your one can of Cream of Celery soup and hand whisk until blended. For time's sake I use the electric mixer.
- Add flour as needed to thicken gravy while whisking.
- Place your roast back into the crock pot and finish out your cooking time.
- Serve your roast swimming in gravy in a white over sized bowl and watch their eyes light up!
This is a really easy and tastey meal! I did sub cream of mushroom for the cream of celery, and tossed in some mushrooms and chopped onions that i needed to use up. I will be making this again but will add garlic, bay leaf and some thyme just to take it to another level. Thank you for posting sheerkerry, we enjoyed a very tastey meal served over rice.
WOW !!!!! This was REALLY good....All 4 of the kids loved the gravy (I doubled the entire recipe and used 10 tbsp bacon drippings). I think that next time I will try using chicken instead, only for a change of pace. This is a great recipe and for those of you thinking of making it, make mashed potatoes...I made noodles and they did not quite soak up the gravy as well as the potatoes did....Thanks for sharing....a definate keeper!!!!
This is one of "the best" beef roast recipes posted on this site! My husband couldn't stop raving about how tender the meat was, and how good the gravy was. And we certainly enjoyed the leftovers. Like Kerry, I used the full can of cola, but I used RC Cola instead of the Pepsi, also used 9 slices of bacon, 5 tablespoons of bacon drippings, plus 2 tablespoons of the flour. (I did not remove the roast 1-hour before hand, to make the gravy, then returning the roast to the crock to finish heating it through.) Instead... I cooked my 2 lb. 8 oz. roast exactly for 6 hrs. & 10 minutes, and instead of serving the roast immediately, I wrapped the roast in foil, then refrigerated it to be served the next day along with the gravy. By refrigerating overnight, it made it easier for slicing the roast. The day I cooked the roast, and after I placed it in the fridge, I then turned the crock-pot on high, and took a fork to thoroughly stir the flour into the remaining liquid, until no flour remained, and the gravy had thickened up nicely. By the way... the gravy was sooo good!! And if adding an entire can of cola, this makes plenty of gravy. The 1st day I served this along with mashed potatoes, but the 2nd and 3rd day, we enjoyed the slices of beef and gravy served over slices of bread. Also found this makes between 5-6 servings if using a 2 lb. 8 oz. roast. I look forward to making this again in the future, as this recipe is definitely a keeper!! Kerry, thanx for sharing the recipe!!!